The Medieval Combat Society

Home

Chrishall, Holy Trinity

Chrishall All Saints

Location:

Map

Website:

Opening Information: Normally locked.

History:

The name Chrishall is Christ Hale in early records and suggests a Saxon church. Richard de Bologne was the first recorded vicar in 1100. The church was rebuilt in the 13th and 14th Century, the north aisle or transept being added in the 13th Century. Throughout the following centuries building work and restoration was carried out.

Vicars:

1309 Roger de Nilliton

1356 William Hervey

1399 John Chittern

Effigies:

Lady

Lady

Brasses:

John de la Pole and Lady, 1370. The brass was found under the floor when the chancel was raised in the 19th Century.

John de la Pole and Lady 1370

 

The Medieval Combat Society

Home